Monday, March 7, 2011

Getting rid of stuff: Day One 

My house is not nasty, it’s just junky.

Open any cabinet, closet, or drawer, and it is probably crammed with one too many of something.



Well, after seeing a scary episode of Hoarders, I cleaned out my closet and then went to the baby clothes and toy wasteland called my kids’ room.


It was there that I realized I had to do something immediately. They said, “Mommy, I want that” to everything I tried to get rid of, even those old fast-food restaurant toys. I have set a bad example for them. I feel really guilty about this. But feelings won’t change anything.


So that’s why I’m here. Putting my junktified house out there for anyone and everyone to see will force me to “get it together” (one of my favorite sayings, by the way).


Just so you know, I won’t be showcasing everyday garbage that I throw away like an orange peel or an empty cereal box. I’m going to be getting rid of items that I keep for no good reason, like this first gem up for the don’t keep pile:


It’s a charger for a Sonicare toothbrush that I got in a Christmas grab bag…
last century! (Heaven only knows where the toothbrush is.)

No comments: