Thursday, March 10, 2011

Secret beauty cream?


I think I’m going to stick with bathroom items this week, so this is a big ol’ can of Crisco I bought because I read that people swear by it as a moisturizer. And I’m a sucker for cheap home remedies.

Well, I went out and got this huge can, and now it’s all rancid. I just couldn’t use all of it before it went bad. But, once again, instead of throwing it out, I kept it because I didn't want to waste it. Like letting it sit in the cabinet isn't wasting it.

Side note: The Crisco worked okay on my face, I guess, but I did not like it on my body. My skin felt all itchy and dry not long after I applied it, which I find odd, since it’s greasy as all get out. 

1 comment:

Stephanie ODea said...

Crisco!
wow! I never would have thought to use it as a moisturizer. when my brother was small, he climbed up on the countertop and ate a spoonful, thinking it was frosting. LOL. he wasn't impressed...

good luck with your decluttering!
oxox